Anyone could understand why a working person with a reasonable job would say “I have a job. Why should I bother to job-hunt?”
Change is hard in general, and launching a stealth job search when you’re already working full-time can feel like an especially heavy burden.
At the same time, if you don’t love the work you’re doing now and/or if you aren’t being paid fairly, why does your current employer still deserve your talents? It’s quite possible they don’t!
Various surveys peg the number of dissatisfied working people at somewhere between seventy and eighty percent. If you are one of those dissatisfied working people, why not make a plan to improve your working situation, your income and your mojo level by investigating the job market this spring?
Here are eleven signs you’ve given your job and your employer more than they deserve, and a brighter future awaits you in a different organization!
- You know how to help your company be more successful, but nobody wants to hear your ideas.
- You don’t feel inspiration from your work, your manager of your company’s mission.
- You’re hungry to learn more, try more, and do more at work than your current job allows you to do.
- You know or strongly suspect you’re underpaid.
- Your boss and his or her bosses don’t value or appreciate your contributions at work.
- You don’t see a path to continue growing your muscles and mojo at your current job.
- You daydream about more exciting career paths sometimes, but then you think “It seems like so much trouble to job-hunt!”
- You know you have a lot more talent and creativity than your current job allows you to express.
- Your co-workers don’t seem concerned about the lack of vision and Team Mojo in your workplace. You are the only member of the team who’s dissatisfied (so the problem must be you)!
- You dread Sunday nights because you know you have to go back to work on Monday morning.
- You feel dread and exhaustion driving, walking, biking or taking public transit to work each day.
Enough is enough!
Maybe 2016 is the year you get altitude on your career and your life, take control of your working life and get the job you deserve!
Are you Job-Hunting?
Join Human Workplace CEO and Founder Liz Ryan in a FREE Job Search Webinar on May 11, 2016!
Click on the image below to learn more and to register for Liz Ryan’s FREE Job Search Webinar!