The new year is going to hit, and then 2017 will fly by. You know it will — look how fast 2016 has gone!
Here are five easy steps to take for your career before the end of December:
- Update your LinkedIn profile. What can you add to your description of your current job, and what can you tweak in your LinkedIn profile Summary?
- Update your Human-Voiced Resume.
- Send an end-of-the-year greeting to your closest business contacts and invite them to get together with you for lunch or coffee in December or January.
- Order your consulting business cards. Even if you don’t think you’re a consultant, you are one! Design cards you like that include your name, email address and phone number. You don’t even have to specify what sort of consulting you do!
- Write a list of everything you accomplished at work in 2016.
If you don’t write down your 2016 accomplishments, you’ll forget them. Don’t forget them — they are part of your brilliant career history now! Think about your triumphs in 2016 and your goals for next year.
If you haven’t already ordered Liz Ryan’s book Reinvention Roadmap, you can order it from Amazon at this link!